Monday, October 02, 2006

Streampad--Quite possibly the best music widget.


If you like audio, Streampad.com is what you want and where you want to be.

Streampad allows you to collect mp3 streams that are found on the Internet. From single songs to concerts to podcasts. Anything in the mp3 format, you can add to your Streampad.
Streampad is currently working on a way for you to stream your music right from your computer. Right now this is in limited beta. Sign up to get in line.

Streampad also has a widget. You suspected this, or I wouldn't be writing about it. Right? Anyhow, the widget is cleverly hidden on the Streampad blog. This widget will sit on your blog and allow you to play any mp3's found on any URL. This is an attractive widget.
  • custom sizing
  • no color options (yet)
  • javascript or HTML embed(MySpace optimized)
  • RSS xml page for when someone updates their Streampad player
  • Share--a direct link to your playlist
  • back/forward and play/pause buttons
  • Title your player
  • Volume control

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. If you find an awesome song or podcast on a blog that has the Streampad widget, you're not stuck on that blog until the audio is over. You can bring it with you!
Yes I said "bring it with you". This really rocks!

Fred Wilson has one.
Sports N Beer has one.
Disruptive Thoughts has one.
The list goes on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Streampad does rock. I wrote a post when I first started with the beta on how blown away I was with the potential of the service.

Howard's right - Dan is fantastic.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Posts

who i am / how to get me
derek kq shirt

My Profile

Feed


blogs/sites to visit
Widgets
my other sites
Powered by